- 59-year-old retired Warehouse Operative.
- David was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes 15 years ago.
- He also suffers from Diabetic Retinopathy.
- His sight has gradually deteriorated and has forced him to take early retirement.
- David is a smoker and has high blood pressure.
Tasks David is struggling with:
- Locating text due to blurred / double vision.
- Operating a mobile phone or tablet.
- Poor night vision and loss of colour perception.
- General orientation and mobility both indoors and outdoors.
Suggested Assistive Technology solutions
There are a number of mobile apps available to connect blind and low vision users with sighted volunteers through live videos such as Be My Eyes.
For more advanced solutions, please see below.
Assistive Technology helps to manage tasks made difficult by low vision and blindness. Sight and Sound Technology can offer free advice on which solutions could better meet your needs.
FIND OUT MORE