Our Supporter Promise
Sight Research UK is a community of donors, volunteers, researchers, healthcare professionals, patients, and fundraisers working together towards our common goal of beating sight loss faster.
Every part of that team is crucial to the success of our work and we want you to know how important you are.
Whatever you are doing to support us, from leaving a gift in your Will to collecting stamps, taking on a challenge event to setting up a regular donation, we make this promise to you.
We hold ourselves to high standards
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and adhere to its Code of Fundraising Practice. We display the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising materials as a sign that we are committed to best practice.
- We support and monitor our fundraisers and volunteers to ensure they, too, adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice and to this Promise.
- We comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We are always looking for ways to improve and we welcome feedback and participation from our supporters.
We are honest, open and clear
- We are clear about who we are and what we do.
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
- We do what we say we are going to do with your donations.
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and set up or change a regular donation.
- We keep you informed about where your money goes, and what you have helped to achieve.
- We work hard to maximise the proportion of your support that goes straight to sight research, and minimise the costs of administration. We are transparent about our fundraising costs and how they are in the best interest of the cause.
- We have a clear and accessible complaints procedure and provide evidence to explain how we make decisions on complaints.
We are respectful
- You can contact our team and they will respond to any enquiries or questions in a professional, honest and efficient manner.
- We respect your privacy and rights, and take our obligation to keep your data safe very seriously. We will never sell or share your data to third party organisations.
- We will never pressure you to donate. If you do not want to donate or want to stop donating, we will respect your decision. We will always be grateful for the support you provide and fully appreciate that circumstances may change and you may no longer wish or be able to support us.
- We will always respect any communication preferences that you have expressed, and if you do not want to hear from us in a particular way, we will comply with your request.
- We will always listen to any feedback or complaints you provide and, if we need to make changes, we will.
We are fair and reasonable
- We treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We are careful not to use any images or words that will intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We are careful not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
We are accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters, and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we have done while fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to any criticism we receive.
- Our complaints procedure is available on our website or on request. Contact us to receive a copy.
- We monitor and record the number of complaints we receive each year and share this data annually with the Charity Commission and, on request, with the Fundraising Regulator.