If you have remembered the National Eye Research Centre in your Will
You do not need to take any action, but you may find the following points helpful:
- National Eye Research Centre is the previous name of Sight Research UK.
- Depending on when you drafted your Will (before or after April 2014), either of these Registered Charity numbers may be listed in your Will: 1156134 or 294087.
- In 2014, the charity was converted into a Charitable Incorporated Organisation and was registered with the Charity Commission with Registered Charity Number 1156134.
- In 2020, we merged the original charity (294087) into the Charitable Incorporated Organisation with Registered Charity Number 1156134.
- In 2021, we have changed the name of the charity from National Eye Research Centre to Sight Research UK.
- Sight Research UK has the same Registered Charity Number (1156134).
- Any gifts in Wills left to the National Eye Research Centre (either to 294087 or 1156134) will automatically be received by Sight Research UK (1156134).
- There is no need for you to amend your Will or even notify your solicitor.
Thank you so much for remembering the charity in your Will!
Currently, 4 out of 5 projects are made possible only thanks to gifts in Wills.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch.
We are always happy to help.
You can phone us on 0117 325 7757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.