Leave a gift in your Will
Gifts in Wills are the most joyous gift that anyone can make. They are often the largest gift that anyone can afford to make, yet without parting with any money while they still need it – and you can change your mind at any time.
Without gifts left in Wills, 4 out of every 5 of our research projects would not happen. By leaving a legacy to Sight Research UK, you can help to beat sight loss faster.
We are truly humbled by the number of people who have chosen to support us in this way, and we are immensely grateful to them all. Over the last 10 years alone, we have received gifts totalling over £4.5 million, ranging from £100 to over £400,000. Regardless of its size, each and every one of these wonderful gifts is helping to make new discoveries to find new treatments for eye disease, or new ways of preventing blinding conditions.
If you have already included a gift in your Will to the National Eye Research Centre:
You do not need to change your Will or take any action, but you may find the following points helpful:
- National Eye Research Centre is the previous name of Sight Research UK.
- Depending on when you drafted your Will (before or after April 2014), either of these Registered Charity numbers may be listed in your Will: 1156134 or 294087.
- In 2014, the charity was converted into a Charitable Incorporated Organisation and was registered with the Charity Commission with Registered Charity Number 1156134.
- In 2020, we merged the original charity (294087) into the Charitable Incorporated Organisation with Registered Charity Number 1156134.
- In 2021, we have changed the name of the charity from National Eye Research Centre to Sight Research UK.
- Sight Research UK has the same Registered Charity Number (1156134).
- Any gifts in Wills left to the National Eye Research Centre (either to 294087 or 1156134) will automatically be received by Sight Research UK (1156134).
Thank you so much for supporting eye research in this way.