- Whole grains such as brown rice, whole wheat, quinoa, and oats are good for eyes due to their low glycaemic index in comparison to other types of carbohydrates such as white rice and pasta.
- Contains antioxidants like vitamin E, Zinc and Niacin which are associated with good vision.
Easy ways to include oats in your diet
- For a quick and easy breakfast option make porridge, if you’re wanting to be organised prepare overnight oats.
- Alternatively baked oats are another great breakfast option.
- Make your own oat milk for a dairy free alternative.
Read nextPassion fruit for eye health