- Mushrooms are a source of selenium which helps to neutralise free radicals that can damage your eyes.
- Free radicals are the cause of oxidation in the eyes, which is a contributor to macular degeneration.
Easy ways to include mushrooms in your diet
- Try a roast mushroom gnocchi or a mushroom stroganoff.
- For a lighter option add mushrooms to a salad alongside lots of leafy greens, which can also be beneficial to eyesight.
- For a more subtle use of mushrooms in a meal try a creamy mushroom and spinach pasta.
Read nextNectarines and peaches for eye health