- Eggs are a good source of antioxidants including, vitamin C and E which aid the general health of the eye.
- Other antioxidants they contain are lutein and zeaxanthin, which lower a person’s risk of eye conditions such as age-related macular degeneration.
- Eggs are also rich in zinc which contributes to the health of the retina.
Easy ways to include eggs in your diet
- For a quick snack option make homemade scotch eggs.
- Eggs can be scrambled, poached, fried or boiled - all nutritious breakfast options.
- Make a sweet potato, caramelised onion and feta quiche for a filling lunch choice.
Read nextFish and shellfish for eye health