- Contains sulforaphane which has been shown to be beneficial for the eyes retinal tissue.
- It protects against the kind of oxidative stress that causes cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Cauliflowers can count for a large part of your daily recommended vitamin C intake which has powerful antioxidant properties linked to eye health.
Easy ways to include cauliflower in your diet
- Make a cauliflower cheese to go alongside any meal such as roast chicken.
- Try a roasted cauliflower and hazelnut carbonara as an alternative for a traditional carbonara.
Read nextCelery for eye health