- One cup of butternut squash has more than four times the daily recommended amount of vitamin A, which protects the eyes from UV rays.
- It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that can reduce the risk of developing age-related conditions such as cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
Easy ways to include butternut squash in your diet
- Use to make a butternut squash and sage risotto
- Roast and stuff butternut squash with vegetables, nuts, and feta.
- For a lighter option make a butternut squash soup.
Read nextCabbage for eye health