- Broccoli contains sulforaphane, which is a naturally occurring antioxidant and protects the eye from damage caused by UV lights.
- It is also a source of antioxidants like lutein which also protects the eye against light damage, as well as vitamin A and C, which also have powerful antioxidant properties.
Easy ways to include broccoli in your diet
- Make a creamy broccoli and salmon pasta bake – oily fish like salmon are great for vision because of the omega-3 fatty acids. For an even healthier version use wholewheat pasta.
- Broccoli and stilton soup is a simple and easy way to incorporate broccoli into your diet.
- For a Chinese- inspired meal male a Sichuan pork, broccoli and cashew stir fry.
Read nextBrown rice for eye health