- Consuming blueberries regularly has been shown to strengthen blood vessels in the back of the eye.
- They contain anthocyanins, which help lower high blood pressure, inflammation as well as preventing blockages in the arteries that feed oxygen to the retina.
- Rich in vitamin C, A as well as zinc, which have powerful antioxidant properties.
Easy ways to include blueberries in your diet
- Make a blueberry smoothie – add other fruits like banana which is also contains antioxidants beneficial to eye health.
- Try making blueberry and pistachio cake or blueberry muffins.
Read nextBok choi for eye health