- Bananas are rich in potassium, an important component in making up the eyes tear film as well as helping to maintain film thickness.
- They are also a source of vitamin A which helps protect the cornea and is essential for good vision.
Easy ways to include bananas in your diet
- Add to a smoothie alongside peanut butter, leafy greens, and cacao powder.
- Blend frozen bananas in a food processor to make a delicious, one-ingredient ice cream.
- Make a healthy instant chocolate pudding using banana, avocado, and peanut butter – avocado is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial to eye health.
- Enjoy banana and eggs pancake for a super quick, high protein breakfast.
- Try banana and apple muffins for a high fibre sweet pick me up.
Read nextBlueberries for eye health