- Avocados contain vitamins A, C, and E which have powerful antioxidant properties.
- Rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, essential nutrients important to prevent cataracts and macular degeneration as we age.
- They also contain healthy fats (such as oleic acid) that help to fight inflammation.
Not just guacamole: 5 easy ways to include avocados in your diet
- Bake eggs in avocado halves - eggs are great for your eye health, too!
- Add avocado chunks to a salad including lots of green leafy vegetables such as spinach and romaine lettuce.
- Toss a wholegrain pasta salad with avocado and cherry tomatoes - loading up on vitamin C and zinc.
- Try replacing mayonnaise with an avocado mayo in sandwiches or as a dip.
- Whip up a mango and avocado smoothie full of vitamin A and lutein - add some seeds for Omega-3 fatty acid goodness.
Read nextBananas for eye health