- Aubergines contain the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which may help in the prevention of conditions like age-related macular degeneration and other age-related eye conditions such as cataracts.
Easy ways to include aubergines in your diet
- Roasted aubergines make a great side dish.
- Try a lean meat and aubergine salad for a filling lunch option.
- Enjoy aubergine and chickpea bites as a snack.
- Lightly grill aubergines, courgettes, and peppers for a tasty summer salad with lots of fresh basil and coriander.
- Add aubergines to vegetable soups for a velvety texture.
Read nextBananas for eye health