- Asparagus are packed with vitamins A, C, and E which are powerful antioxidants.
- It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which can help to lower the risk of developing conditions like age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Easy ways to include asparagus in your diet
- Add asparagus to quiches or omelettes, which can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Make a healthy pasta salad with asparagus, broad beans, and leeks.
- Lightly grill asparagus and serve with poached eggs with black pepper and shaved parmesan.
- Enjoy a bowl of asparagus and potatoes soup on a cool spring day.
- Asparagus are the perfect addition to a creamy risotto.
Read nextAubergines for eye health