- Apricots are a rich source of vitamin A, with one apricot providing 13 percent of daily recommended intake for vitamin A, which may lower the risk of developing conditions like age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Also contains vitamins C, E and carotenoids which protect the eye against light rays that are damaging to the retina.
Easy ways to include apricots in your diet
- Wherever possible, eat fruits raw accompanied by a handful of nuts for a well balanced snack with fibre, protein, and sweetness.
- Try stewed apricots and yogurt for breakfast. Add a handful of toasted almonds for extra crunch and vitamin E.
- Bake a delicious protein rich snack slice with almond flour and eggs.
- Use apricots in savoury dishes to add extra flavour, for example a Moroccan roast chicken with apricots or pork belly with apricot and honey stuffing.
- Add ripe or canned apricots to a smoothie for some tangy sweetness.
Read nextAsparagus for eye health