- Almonds contain vitamin E, an antioxidant which helps protect healthy tissues in the body and prevent age-related macular degeneration as well as cataracts.
Easy ways to include almonds in your diet
- A small handful of almonds and a piece of fruit make an excellent snack. Choose raw, natural almonds. The proteins in the almonds help to balance out the sugars in the fruit, and the fibre in the fruit and almond snack will make you feel fuller for longer.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds over salads or in rice.
- Make your own almond milk by blitzing a handful of raw almonds and water in a blender. Strain and serve hot or cold.
- Have a slice of toast with almond butter for breakfast, or add almond butter to porridge or a smoothie, for extra protein and healthy fats.
- Almond butter and apple slices make a delicious treat.
Read nextApples for eye health